- We do not rehome to families with children under the age of 9 unless the dog is KNOWN to be good with children.
- We are only able to rehome dogs to families living in rented accommodation if your Tenancy Agreement states that dogs are allowed. A copy of this will be required before a home check can be carried out.
- All of our dogs will be fully assessed in various ways by an experienced assessor. Therefore if we post NOT good with dogs, it means that this dog must be an only dog in a household and will be required to be muzzled in public.
- All adopted dogs should be walked on a leash and wear an ID disc carrying the new owner’s details (as is law)
- Any adopted dogs cannot be rehomed, sold or given away. If there are circumstances beyond the adopter’s control that require the dog to be relinquished, we must be contacted in the first instance.
- All adopted dogs are microchipped to new owners but with a dual ownership shared with Pawprints Dog Rescue. This ensures that if a dog goes missing or is given away or sold on, we will also be notified.
- All rehomed dogs will be neutered (if age is not of concern), fully vaccinated, microchipped, wormed and flea treated. Additional clauses will be added to the Adoption Agreement in the case of puppies too young to be neutered, to ensure that the new family carry this out at the earliest opportunity.
- All potential adopters will be homechecked and follow up checks will be carried out. All adopters will be required to sign an agreement agreeing to the above terms.
- Once adopted, the dog becomes the full responsibility of the new owner and as such it is advised that adequate insurance cover is put into place in the event of ill health or accidents. Part of the Agreement is that new owners will provide indoor shelter, food and unlimited water and adhere to the terms of the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
PLEASE NOTE: We will acknowledge receipt of all applications via email. If you have not heard further from us within 7 days, your application has not been successful at this time. We will keep your details on file for suitable dogs for 6 months from the date of your application, unless instructed otherwise by you.
“We cannot recommend Pawprints Dog Rescue highly enough. The team are all volunteers who give their time, love, expertise and professionalism 100 and 10 per cent. We are so impressed with their knowledge, care and support”